How to Play:
The ‘Mannequin Challenge’ game is easy to play! Simply ask everyone in the room to find a position and to stay in that position as still as a mannequin doll. Then take a smartphone and move around the room showing each person in view. Take it up close into the mannequin’s faces to see that they are not moving. Once you have filmed the whole room you can stop filming and upload the film onto social media or simply watch it as a group.
- Use a theme and ask mannequin’s to freeze in a pose that reflects that theme i.e. The Nativity, Noah’s Ark, etc
- Play as a team game with multiple groups making different scenes. Film all the scenes and then decide on the winning team, depending on your criteria (most creative, most still etc)
- Create the Mannequin scene outside in the middle of a busy street. See who stops to watch – and see if the players can create the scene without laughing!
- Create as part of your kids ministry where all the leaders suddenly freeze… see what the reaction of your kids might be!
- Use the mannequin pose as a pose that everyone must take throughout your kids ministry whenever they hear a certain song or sound. A great technique to get your kids listening or to provide a little variety to your service!
To view one of the best Mannequin Challenges in action click here.
Pausing, Rest, Patience, Listening, Stillness, Peace, Focus:
Say: Wow! Wasn’t the Mannequin Challenge so much fun! It also reminds me what it is like to simply be still, to pause, reflect, listen and be patient. In our world that doesn’t happen often, yet God is often calling us to take time out with Him. To draw away and listen to His voice. When we seek His face He is our peace and we can completely focus on Him.
RELEVANT BIBLE VERSES:
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30.
And he said, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Psalm 33:14.
For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, “In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.” Isaiah 30:15.
“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” Psalm 46:10.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6.
- When was the last time you stopped and paused?
- Why are we scared to stop and rest or pause?
- Are you good at being patient or waiting? Why/why not?
- Why do you think that God wants to be our God of Peace? Why is peace important?
- How do you make time to focus on Jesus?
- How do you make time to rest each: a) day b) week c) year?