Moana wonders away from her village and onto the shore as a child. She is growing up on a tropical island and learning about her surroundings each day. Watch as the sea chooses her for a vital role – to help her people rediscover who they are – wayfarers.
For the ‘Moana is Chosen by the Sea’ movie discussion you will need this video clip.
Just as Moana was chosen by the sea in this movie clip, God has chosen each one of us. He chose us because He loves us and wants us to live in right relationship with Him. He chose us so that we would know how special we are in His sight. God cares about each one of us and He wants us to know that we are special to Him.
Bible Verses about Being Chosen:
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 1 Peter 2:9.
In Christ, he chose us before the world was made. In his love he chose us to be his holy people—people without blame before him. And before the world was made, God decided to make us his own children through Jesus Christ. That was what he wanted and what pleased him. Ephesians 1:4-5.
The Father is the One who sent me. No one can come to me unless the Father draws him to me. And I will raise him up on the last day. John 6:44.
You did not choose me; I chose you. And I gave you this work, to go and produce fruit. I want you to produce fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you anything you ask for in my name. John 15:16.
- How do you think Moana felt to be chosen?
- Do you like being chosen for special things?
- If you could be chosen for any job, what would it be?
- What would you do if you were chosen for that special job?
- How does it feel to know that God chooses you?
- How do you think the disciples felt when Jesus chose them?
- What do you think God has chosen you for?
- How will being chosen by God affect your life?