In this quick little clip, Snoopy imagines that he is ‘The Red Baron’ flying his own plane. In this movie discussion (Snoopy and Charlie Brown) children can begin to think about using their imagination in a positive way.
Say: Do you like to daydream? Are you the kind of person that gets carried away imagining what your life might be like in the future? Imagining is fun! It takes us places that we might never go to in reality. God gave us each the ability to imagine and dream up new and exciting things. We can use our imagination in many good and healthy ways… but like anything, we can also use it in the wrong way… imagining things that God does not want us to think about.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20.
- Are you a daydreamer?
- What is the most exciting thing you have ever imagined or dreamed?
- What do you imagine your life will be like in the future?
- What are the things you imagine about the most?
- In what ways can we use our imagination in a bad way? How can we avoid doing this?
- How might using our imagination help us in our relationship with God?
- Have you ever tried to imagine or think about how big God is? Try it now. What have you discovered?
- Imagine that you are at Calvary. Do not change any of the facts from the bible about what happened. Take some time to imagine being at the scene and what it felt like. Then discuss as a group. Did using your imagination help you think about Jesus?