In this short movie we see Scrat, yet again, chasing after his dinner, a very tasty acorn, this time his chase is in space!
Hunger, Lust, Greed, Desire, Need v Want, Seeking
Poor Scrat! He always just wants to get his food to eat… but he never seems to get what he wants! Maybe you feel like that too, you’re always chasing the things you want, but you never get them. I suppose you have to ask yourself, are you seeking and desiring the right things? We can all want things in life, but if we go after the wrong things, then even when we get them, we won’t be satisfied or happy!
Jesus tells us to hunger and seek after the things of God. In that way we will never be disappointed. Why? Because Jesus said “I am the Bread of Life” (John 6:35) and he showed us that he is able to satisfy our hunger and thirst for life. (John 4:14)
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Matthew 6:33.
Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4.
You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. Matthew 5:6.
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13.
- What do you want most in the whole wide world?
- What would you do to get that thing that you want?
- How often do you think about the thing that you want the most?
- Why do you want that the most?
- Do you think this is a good thing to want? Why/why not?
- What do you think is the best thing you could want?
- How might Jesus be the thing or person you want most in life?
- What could you do to show Jesus that you want to know him more?
- Do you think you can ever have ‘enough’ or ‘too much’ of Jesus? Why/why not?
- How might we ‘feed our hunger’ for more of Jesus?
- What do you think God wants to see in us?