The ‘Guard Your Heart’ printable (Proverbs 4:23) is a fantastic reminder of the way our heart is the place that everything flows from. The condition of our heart determines how we see and react to the world.
This printable is quite detailed and is therefore aimed at children over 8 and we’re sure even teenagers and adults will enjoy coloring it in!
As this printable is colored in you could ask the following questions:
- What kind of things do people guard? (expensive or cheap, important or unimportant)
- What does it mean to ‘guard your heart’?
- What is a ‘wellspring’?
- What does it mean when the verse says our hearts are a ‘wellspring of life’?
- If water is running and it is clean and fresh then what kind of water will you collect from it? (clean and fresh)
- If water is running and it is dirty and stagnant then what kind of water will you collect from it? (dirty and stagnant)
- What kind of things can our heart be filled of? (anger, hatred, bitterness or love, joy, peace)
- What kind of things do you think will come out of our heart and be displayed in our lives if our heart is: a) hatred b) love c) anger d) joy