This craft is perfectly suited to the FREE ‘God Will Make a Way’ children’s ministry lesson.
You will need:
1. Take your glue gun and pop the glue stick inside. Wait a few minutes for it to heat up. Then glue the thin edge of your first popsicle stick.
2. Stick another popsicle stick to the first. Then repeat the process, adding glue to the thin edge of the popsicle stick each time. I put six popsicle sticks together as I felt this was a good number. However, you might decide a thinner or thicker door is best. Simply add the number of popsicle sticks you prefer.
3. You can decide to cut up a popsicle stick and glue them to the door like the door below, or simply keep your door plain. Then add the button door knob with some double sided sticky tape.
4. If you have more than one child in your children’s ministry then you might have to make a few doors! Just be aware, you will probably get hot gluey fingers at some point! When preparing for my kids ministry I put all the bits in individual bags. I put some buttons with sticky tape on the back for the children to stick on themselves. We split up the clay for the children on the morning of our kidmin. However, you might want to cut up the pieces beforehand. I also printed out some little stickers with the bible verse onto the doors (though I printed ‘I am the gate’ and not ‘I am the door’. Doh!
5. Cut up pieces of the black and white clay to each child. Explain to them that they will need to mould a head, body and legs. Their head will need ears and eyes. Then let the creativity begin! Your kids will amaze you with their creativity! Each child that created a sheep did it uniquely and they were great!