New Places, Opportunities, Faith:
Say: Judy Hopps has taken a giant leap of faith by joining the police force when everyone says that she couldn’t. She’s placed in the city where all animals live together in harmony; Zootopia.
HELPFUL BIBLE VERSES:
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17.
“Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:18-19.
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.” Lamentations 3:22-24.
To put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4:22-24.
- Do you remember the first time you started school? What was it like?
- Do new places scare you or excite you?
- Do you like meeting new people?
- How does it feel when you start something new?
- What was it like for Jesus when he arrived in Jerusalem before the Passover? How do you think he felt?
- What do you think it was like for the disciples when Jesus asked them to follow Him?
- Is Jesus asking you to do something new?
- What do you do when you start something new?
- What advice would you give to someone starting something new?