The ‘Salt of the Earth’ printable is a simple reminder for children that Jesus tells us that we are the salt of the earth. In Matthew 5:13 Jesus says;
“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.”
Jesus is reminding us that we need to be different to the rest of the world. We bring the best ‘taste’ out of the world, yet if we don’t remain ‘salty’ then we are no longer useful. We can make the difference in the world when we have Christ at the center of our lives. It is all about Jesus. He is the One who makes the difference.
- ‘Salt and Light’ by LifeTV
- ‘Salty?’ by PreposperousProject (for young people)
- ‘Salt of the Earth’
- What did you last use salt for?
- What is salt and what does it do?
- Why do you think Jesus calls us salt?
- How might you stop tasting ‘salty’?