AIM: The aim of the ‘Signs’ teaching series is to help children understand and explore the 7 Signs found in John’s Gospel. This teaching series uses a fun series of road signs to help the children access the series easily.
- Large road signs all around the room
- Traffic lights such as these fun ones for the floor for kids
- Road created on the floor using this runner would stand out in your room.
- Use toy sets around the room that include road signs such as these or this one.
- Using road tape for craft or for a fun car toy area could also be fun!
- Road table covers will help to bring the theme all together.
- Lights such as this novelty traffic light system would also look great.
- To get super creative use a road backdrop for fun pictures to help create memories for the children. A photo using this backdrop could be something you then send home with the children at the end of the series.
We want to see your photos so don’t forget to tag us into any that you take using @ministryark.
BIG IDEA: I CAN CHOOSE TO BELIEVE
STORY: The turning of water into wine
PASSAGE: John 2:1-12
BIG IDEA: I CAN LISTEN AND RESPOND TO JESUS.
STORY: The healing of the royal official’s son
PASSAGE: John 4:46-54
BIG IDEA: I CAN BE A FRIEND
STORY: The healing of the paralytic at the Bethesda pool
PASSAGE: John 5:1-17
BIG IDEA: GOD CAN MAKE LOTS COME OUT OF LITTLE
STORY: The feeding of the five thousand
PASSAGE: John 6:1-14
BIG IDEA: I CAN LET JESUS INTO MY LIFE
STORY: The walking on water
PASSAGE: John 6:15-25
BIG IDEA: GOD’S GO IS FOR OUR GOOD.
STORY: The healing of the man born blind
PASSAGE: John 9:1-41
BIG IDEA: GOD GIVES ME HOPE FOR THE FUTURE
STORY: The raising of Lazarus
PASSAGE: John 11:1-46